SORRY BOUT THAT,, well if you come by to read,,, So what has been going on here??/ OK so I told ya about my new job at the other assisted living place,, no word yet as to when I start,,,, But then I got a call from a lady in my mom's complex,,, OH LORD HANG ON FOR THIS ONE,,,, I listen to the lady talk on the phone explaining to me that she has moved in 9 months ago and needs help cleaning and unpacking,,, okkkkk,, So I go to meet hr on Friday,,, so what did I get myself into,,, I walk up the walk and let myself in the screen pouch door,, good GOD there is crap all over the place,, dust and just stuff,, So then i open the door to her trailer and holly crap I get knocked over by the smell of cigarettes.. I am talking like stale strong thick smell,, I look around and oh JESUS help me,, I see crap all over the place... I am afraid to sit on the couch ,,,but i do I act like ok I can deal with this smell but he longer i ma in there my head is starting to hurt and I CAN NOT CATCH MY BREATH,, you know when you are in a wind storm and you just can not get your breath and you keep swallowing yeah that is what i was doing trying to talk to this POOR POOR LADY,, yes she is so sad crippled by arthritis and her hands are a mess and her poor knees and just a bad bad mess,, so she says go ahead and look around,, oh LORD,, there is 3 bedrooms,,,, what seems to be a kitchen and then kind of a dining room and I think 2 livignrooms oh and 2 bathrooms too,,, the kitchen counters are filled with ummm well I ma not sure what old jars,, 2 filthy dirty can openers,, ummmm the bathroom in her bedroom has mold and just plane crusty nasty stuff i the shower,, oh she does have a potty lift,,, good job!!! there are boxes all over in ever room piled on top of each other yet there are things pulled out of each one and making them tip a bit and barely hang onto not falling over,, there is at least 2 tv's in the other living room and 3 dressers,, oh Jesus I can not breath in there..... and my head is starting to hurt worse!!!!!! so I try and listen her to the poor thing needs a friend and needs some help ok this is it have you seen the cat lady on tv where there are 400 cats in a house,,, well the mess in there ... ok this was this ladies house.. the people who she is renting YES RENTING this from had put in nice new NEW CREAM carpeting,, well it is now black!!!!! IN 9 MONTHS!! so I asked her what it was that I could do to help her out right now... she needs a piece of foam covered with a piece of fabric she had and then she can stuff it on a chair she brought in form someones trash,, so it will be higher and she can get out of it easier,,, OH GOD HELP ME!!!! so I am SUPOSE TO go back next Saturday but come one people I CAN NOT GO BACK INSIDE THAT HOUSE some own has to be alerted that this woman is living like that. BUT what will I tell her??? mom and Catherine say that I can not go in there I will get sick or some kind of desises and die form it,,, So you see when I was telling Catherine about this mess she and I were sadly laughing so bad it is very sad DO NOT GET ME WRONG very sad but oh man to be confronted by something like this in real life is a joke!!!!!! joke on ME! NO I can NOT go back there......
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO then last night well yesterday afternoon my dear lovely Mrs B. called me and told me of a lady she met at the salon that she goes to,, this is a kinda assisted living apartments place,, they serve meals but just do not have assisted living as far as care giving.... ANYWAY,,, Mrs B tells me of a lady who needs me,,, SHE NEEDS ME!!!! so I called her and went to meet her today.. a very sweet lady she has always been independent and had fallen about 7 weeks ago and broke her leg,,,, she has a nephew and his wife who check on her but have lives,,,,, So she needs someone to check on her well as she says it,,, I AM NOT SURE WHAT I NEED BUT I KNOW I NEED HELP sweet thing..... So I met with the nephews wife also and so I will go for starters on Tuesday,,, Thursday and Saturdays... I will help her shower,, see that she eats breakfast and lunch and get her set up with a routine in her life so she is doing the things she needs to... she is a little forgetful,,, I asked so how do you do on taking your meds,,, she says,, OH I DO NOT TAKE ANY MEDS... oh but then the girls says,, oh yes she does,, and the poor woman says OH DO I... yeah we are looking at a bit of dementia I think,, but she was rattled by the fall ,, anyway so this will be Mrs V. I start Tuesday morning at 9 till 11 I will let ya know how it goes,,, and NO I will not be going back to the smoke house,,,,,, sorry I just can't,,,,
So after I leave Mrs. V's house I stop into my work at the village,,, and I see my schedule yeah I got 5 days for the month of December..... I do believe that they are hiring people for as needed so they do not have to pay benefits... what ever but there are so many now that even the others are talking of leaving,,,, so I will only work my days and see what happens,,, so that is my life these days I am off to sit and smell my candles and listen to my music all alone in my nice clean quiet house... have a great weekend will ya......
WOW YOU STUCK AROUND HUH,,, NICE
Saturday, November 22, 2008
HEY IT HAS BEEN A WHILE HUH,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Posted by
JUST A MOM
at
7:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









5 comments:
O Jaye that is so sad about the lady with stuff!!! she does not know what a mess she has, think it some kind of sickness.. So glad we quit smoking!!! But i do feel for smokers... glad you have another nice lady to work for.
My heart is breaking over the lady with all the stuff! Poor thing!
Come visit any time just dont eat the yellow snow!
Wow! Other than the smoke, and ADD in dogs and cats, and you have my mother-in-law's house! I do NOT stay overnight there!! Haven't in YEARS! But I do go visit on occassion. She's a "hoarder"... and refuses to let me through anything away!! Child of the Depression... MIGHT need it someday! Honest to GOD, I had gone to her home for more than 5 YEARS when I was told that there was another ENTIRE BEDROOM upstairs---(I thought it was just a closet door).. YUP!! It was/still IS 20 years later---filled to the BRIM with "stuff" she has to have... sad...
ANYWAY... Sad... You just can't help EVERYBODY... I've come to learn! Better you should find a nice clean slightly demented ol' lady! teehee!! Surely we have a fondness for them as we suppose we may BE them someday??? haha!! I'm SOOO glad you quit smoking!!! It ReALLY STINKS, doesn't it????
HUGS!
Jaye, I swear, I really swear that you must have walked into my MIL's house. No kidding.
oooo that sounds bad....I don't think I'd go back either. Mrs V sounds sweet I hope you enjoy her
Post a Comment