NO I have NOT finished my kitchen OR my diningroom. I will get to it. I dont' have Brady today so I will be about to tackle it hard. Not like he stops me from cleaning but I would rather play with him when he is here. SOOOOOOOOOOO ok I guess I will be making the ducks in the quilt only thing is there is no pink in it. there is blue oh well no matter I guess.
SO today this morning it is only 42 degrees outside, big freeze warning last night too funny. I may sound like a sick person but I remember back when we were home when we had so much snow that the freeway was closed or had only a couple fools on it who were going 25 miles an hour. When Mike and I were first together we lived in a house right next to the service drive/freeway. The bathroom window was falling out and we had no fridge. We used the tub filled with blown in snow for the fridge. I DO NOT LIE the toilet we had to go buy one of those furry seat covers, remember them? Yeah no joke cause if you splashed you froze on. OH it was bad Mike wasn't working at the time and I was working as a waitress at a place called "LITTLE SAMBOS" yes the theme was a little black boy ok they are closed down now duh!!!! ANY WAY,, the reason I did quit was they would NOT hire black people to work there. NO JOKE. this was a little city outside Detroit ok. ANYWAY,,, I worked the midnight shift,, I would get off work in the early morning, and go to the grocery store and buy a box of frozen doughnuts. I would go home and start up the oven nice and warm and then bake them. OH those were the days. So anyway that year we had a blizzard and there was no cars on the road it was bad!!! Mike and I had for some reason as very young couples go into a fight over something stupid at night. He took off out the door, MAD WALKING IN THE BLIZZARD!!!!oh man where did he go.. I looked out and the car as gone,,, THE CAR WAS GONE,, I WAS SCARED TO DEATH THINKING HE WOULD DIE IN THE BLIZZARD!!!! now I will tell you that even remembering the horrible bad times like that I MISS IT BACK THERE OK!!!!! oh yeah he didn't die he came back later and we made up. I remember so many of the old HORRIBLE snow storms and the ice storms and I will tell you that those times were the best,, everybody got together and help each other out. You shared the beer or the soup or the bread that you had with your neighbor. I can tell you guys now that I have lived in this house now for going on 14 years,,,, I HAVE NEVER BEEN INSIDE THEIR HOUSE OR HAD A NICE LONG TALK WITH MY NEIGHBORS! oh yes ONE the young couple next door when they took in the kitties yeah we went inside their house a couple times IN THE LAUNDERY ROOM to see the kitties. People out here do not "MAKE FRIENDS" with each other. They really are not a friendly bunch out here in the west. WHAT then why did I come out here,,, Mike had lost his job with the big auto factories dieing and there was an opportunity of work out here. So we thought MAN WHAT A GREAT CHANCE TO DO BETTER FOR OUT FAMILY.. and we did.... Now, we no longer are in need ot raising a family here soon and dream of going back "HOME" where the people are nice people... where the people enjoy life.. where you can see green and yellow and orange and smell the water in the air instead of sand and dirt. I so know that you can NOT go "BACK" where you were we don't want to do that.. all we want to do is enjoy the rest of our life in a place where we BOTH want to be when we die. Where do you want to die/spend the last of the days you have to relax? MY QUESTION to people but you are all younger then me on here,,, HOW DO YOU LEAVE YOUR CHILDREN AND GO TO ANOTHER STATE. I would love for my children to follow us back home but the likely hood of that happening is ummmm maybe... ALTHOUGH we do plan on driving back here to visit many times a year. And we do understand that they have their lives too that was our job in all of this. Get them on their own and become their own people. right????
WOW SORRY NO CLUE WHERE THAT ALL CAME FROM,,,,, other then trying to figure out where my life will be after children.
ok have a great day and I hope to have my head in a better place tomorrow.
Thursday, February 07, 2008
Day 37,,, NO BRADY,,,,,,,,,,
Posted by
JUST A MOM
at
8:33 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









2 comments:
Isn't that the truth? My husband and I find the hardest times we shared as a couple to be the most meaningful together. We shared fears, and dreams at that time, lately we have been too busy getting the last one at home prepared for life on his own, that we have found ourselves not enjoying this time together as we should.
We were just talking last night about houses and places we lived and we both hold fond memories of the first home we bought, even though it was our 'starter' home, and we kept moving up, now we have basically decided we were happiest then, when it was more simple. Sigh..
Yeah, those were the days my friend. Our first little house had sloped floors. You slid down to the living room from the kitchen:)
Post a Comment