Wednesday, April 02, 2008

DAY 91,, GETTING ADVENTUROUS HERE

SO yesterday I thought I would try something new,, a DIRECTIONS QUILT,,,, scarry for me let me tell you. I am NOT a directions follower,, I was soooo stressed. cutting out and laying out and figuring out is tough for me. But here is my day....
all layed out and in order,,,,,,

my system,,,,

blocks close up,,,,

laying it out,,,,,,

my finished product,,

What do ya think?,, I ma thinking I could make these little quilts and sell them and give me extra money for more sewing,,, what ya think? I can NEVER take orders because that would be to me you judging my work... BUT I could make them and say there ya have it like it or not....


So not much else going on here... mom is still not up to par.The kidney doc called her last night and told her that her acid is still way too high so they will try and new drug. They are saying that the acid being too high is causing her to be short of breath. OH yeah prayers,, mom is stressed and well we have a new family problem. I am not sure if you know this Cheb but Uncle Ed has cancer.. of the bladder? I guess they operated on him and got it out but ti is a kind that pops up everywhere,, So he will start chemo soon. Stress on us out here over 2000 miles away.. Mom is stressing because he pays for her housing,,,, yeah at first we put her trailer/moble home in our name and we were paying for it,,, but with our life and kids we just could not afford it so he jumped in thank God and is helping her out. So she is talking that my uncle is getting married ,,yes he is old but I guess they planned this before the cancer news. He has been with this lady for like 6 years,, there is a prenuptial,,,( oh did I not tell you my uncle is pretty rich) so anyway mom is afraid that if he dies that she is out in the cold. I am not so sure that we could afford to pay what he does,, the lot payment is well over 600 dollars now along with the gas and electric. Anyway so her plan now is she will pack all she can into her car and sell the rest and drive back home to Michigan. I heard that about 5 times last night I am sure she knows our money is not unlimited but I am also sure that she is just thinking ahead. soo there ya have my life I did not win any money at bingo last night. So I will leave ya to go read other blogs have a great day bye

8 comments:

Runergirl said...

Love the quilts. And yes, I do think you could sell them easily!!!!

Hope everyone in your family gets well...I will pray for your mother situation and your sanity:)

Joan said...

I'd say you can follow instructions very well. I'ts very pretty.

I was watching TV on night and they were showing all the quilts made for aids victims; they were incredible.

Anonymous said...

The teddy bear quilt is BEAUTIFUL!! My FAVORITE so far!!!

Ummm.... No, I didn't know Uncle Ed has cancer... bladder? I seem to remember that Grampa died of bladder cancer... or was it stomach cancer?.. Um... Getting MARRIED? NOW? Sheesh!! WHY??? I understand your Mom's concern... Geez... All I can do is pray...
love you.

Donetta said...

Beautiful! You could always sell them saying. AMAZING quilts you just can not live without. I know you like it so pay me a lot of money and I'll sell it to you!
Sorry the stress over your uncle. Mom and such too.

Mom Knows Everything said...

That is so sweet!!! You will definitely be able to sell them.

Diane said...

I really really love that quilt! I thought about making baby quilts and selling them, but I only made one top, never got around to quilting it and eventually gave it away to someone else to do.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Your quilts are all just lovely, you will not have any problem at all selling these little babies..

Nan said...

Oh, I agree with everyone else, your work is beautiful and there would be no trouble selling your quilts, I love the bear log cabin one you posted pictures of here, so cute!